Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One Little Kitten Left . . . for Christmas?

You remember the Halloween kittens? Five of the six have found wonderful, forever homes, and only one remains - Weenie (as in "Halloweenie). He's become such a big, handsome kitten, and deserves a loving home just like his brothers and sisters . . . his eyes are a soft copper, and he purrs so loudly when you pet him. And you simply can't sit down without Weenie crawling into your lap for a long "cat nap". He just loves to be near you . . . I'm hoping he'll find a good home soon . . .

Speaking of good homes, I took another stray cat to the vet today to be neutered. Seems our neighborhood has become a magnet for stray cats, and pet owners are simply not getting their animals altered - how irresponsible! And then they just let them outside where they multiply like . . . rabbits! This sweet boy that is recovering from his surgery is a brown tabby, about 18 months old, and has beautiful green eyes. He's very lovable, and before the neighbors (not his owner, by the way) moved to another home, he was accustomed to sleeping on their front porch on a heated blanket that she had placed in a wicker chair for him. Since they moved, he seemed lost without them and has spent a lot of time at my house. So . . . it was easy to just pick him up and take him to the vet . . . He would make a good companion for someone and I'm hoping to find him a home, too.

All of these kitties need good homes. Just when you think you've spayed and neutered that last cat, another two (or three) show up . . . my next project is an orange male with a bob-tail . . . another neighborhood stray.

Until then . . . Merry Christmas and I promise to post at least once a week in 2012 - that's my only resolution!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

It breaks my heart that people can be so dumb when it comes to their companion animals. Just yesterday my DH overheard someone that was having a problem with their cat say. . "I'm going to throw her outside because I can't take this anymore." DH spoke up & said she should take the cat to a shelter & her response was "that would cost me money."

Hopefully people will "get it" sooner rather than later.

Thank you for being an advocate for the animals.