Monday, December 5, 2011

Is It REALLY December?

I kinda dropped outta sight for a month or so . . . after Country Living Fair in October, there was Holiday Marketplace in early November, then a small stack of quilts to be quilted for my mom, and before you knew it, the month of November was gone! But Santa Claus is coming, you know . . just 20 more shopping days 'til Christmas!

For several months, I did nothing else but make quilts so it's nice to have a short break (the entire month of December - yeah!) before I jump back into it again in January. After all, we're going to Austin in April for another Country Living Fair - which should be great! I've never been to Austin so I'm really looking forward to a springtime vacation with a little "quilt selling" on the side.

I usually re-organize my fabrics after the flurry of quilt making has passed - putting fabrics back where they belong, according to color and theme. When you're in the middle of sewing, creating, quilting, binding, pressing . . . you just don't have time to nicely place each scrap or fat quarter back where you found it . . . this year, I've actually taken it a step further and sent 26 lbs. of fabric to my mom for her to share or give away. Her quilt friends are very happy, I'm sure. And I'm dismantling a couple of large racks that I no longer use to reduce the amount of furniture in my sewing room - it was becoming too cluttered. It's difficult for me to start thinking about new quilts if I've visually challenged by clutter - I need a clean slate to create!

With that said, I'm continuing to sort through fabrics, put stacks together by color and starting to think about the new quilts that I'll be starting later this month (or next month).

No comments: