Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sneak Peek - Fall has Arrived!!



Fall is all about "change" - the leaves change from green to glorious shades of gold, burgundy, red, rust, orange, and brown and we change our clothes from shorts and t-shirts to sweaters and boots. Change keeps us young and refreshed, and on our toes, adapting to slight modifications of our lives - change is good; routine is good, too, but needs a kick in the butt once in a while to make life interesting. Just like when I clean my house every weekend - sometimes I start in the master bedroom and sometimes I start in the living room (either way, it takes me a long time to clean my house - all that cat hair, you know).


But I digress - the two wallhanging quilts above entitled Autumn (purple) and Autumn (green) - not much imagination there, but oh well . . . are from a Country Threads pattern that, quite honestly, doesn't look anything like these two quilts - I "changed" the color schemes completely, giving the overall look the "kick" it needed to make them more interesting. And at $85.00 each, affordable for hand applique, for sure!


My first fall show - Crossroads at Crabapple - this Saturday, October 1, in the City of Milton/Crabapple, hopes to bring good weather and many great vendors selling antiques, collectibles, and all kinds of unusual things to adorn yourself and your home - and also for holiday gift giving!

No comments: