Saturday, September 10, 2011

Halloween Kittens

I took in a stray mother cat with seven kittens last night from a family in Dawsonville. The cat was a neighborhood stray and the family lived on a very busy highway further north into Dawson County (GA). I was concerned that the kittens (and even the mother) might be hit by a car, and of course, not get spayed/neutered, just adding to the cat over-population problem. Without really thinking about it, I took the cat family and made them comfortable in my garage (see photo). Callie, the mother cat, has five orange kittens and two black kittens, and they are very healthy and doing quite well. Callie is very affectionate or oh-so-sweet with her babies - she's a very good mom to these adorable kittens. And . . . because they are orange and black (and so is Callie), they are the perfect Halloween kittens! I asked my friends and family to send me Halloween names appropriate for naming this little group and I've received some great contributions - Spook, Boo, Pumpkin, Ebony, Elvira, Raven, Sabrina, Jinx, Casper, Tabitha, Goblin, and Inky . . . they will be old enough to spay/neuter just before Halloween, and I think they will be easily adoptable . . .

No comments: