Saturday, October 8, 2011

Halloween Kittens

Have you ever tried to photograph kittens? I know people produce calendars, greeting cards and all sorts of products that use kitten images, but let me tell you, it isn't easy getting a kitten to pose! The only time when they are perfectly still is when they are asleep! Otherwise, they are running, jumping, tumbling, and getting into mischief! This little darling is named Goblin, and each of his littermates also has a Halloween-themed name . . . Boo, Jinx (or Mr. Jinxie as I like to call him), Brunhilda, etc. Their mother is a beautiful tortoiseshell calico with luminous two-toned green eyes, and a "Frankenstein" look to her face - very serious, very determined. The kittens? Two black/white tuxedo males, and four orange/white - two boys, two girls. A total of six kittens. We started off with eight kittens, but unfortunately, two weren't strong enough to survive. The remaining six are healthy, and crazy, crazy fun to watch and play with . . . and play they do! That's why this kitten appears sleepy . . . it's the only time I can get them to hold still!

They will be scheduled for spay/neuter and be available for adoption sometime in early November (after the vendor shows are over and I have the time . . . ), so please post a comment if you'd like to adopt . . . each kitten will be "fully loaded" - spay or neuter, and vaccinations appropriate for their age. And all with Halloween names!

2 comments:

ytsmom said...

So cute! I am just crazy for kittens (and cats)!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the country fair and it was so nice to meet you. I am enjoying the scarecrow quilt very much and now I know why my cat, "Moses" is interested in it. Your kitties no doubt. REMINDER: I brought the husband in the bib overalls...