Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thomas J. O'Malley and "Quilt 'til you Drop"

Have you seen that great Disney movies, "The Aristocats"? I just love that movie, and could watch it over and over again. It's got cute kittens, an intriguing plot, bad guys/good guys (Thomas J. O'Malley), and a happy ending. I first came to know the movie several years ago when I was visiting my brother, and my nieces were watching it. Well, I just loved it and after the girls had tired of it, I still wanted to watch it again and again.

So when Jasmine (the mother cat) had her kittens on March 27, I wanted to give the kittens Irish names, and Thomas J. O'Malley was at the top of the kitten name list (along with Mattie, Scarlett, Clancy, O'Doole, and Quinn, the other five kittens). Little Thomas J. is quite the independent cuss, too. He's the largest of the six kittens, runs ahead of the pack, and constantly gets into trouble, too. And just look at that precious face! Bright blue eyes, soft orange fur, and a strong meow!

But on a more serious note, the kittens were given to the Dawson County Humane Society to be adopted to responsible pet owners who will love and care for these little guys for the rest of their lives. They are litter box trained, eat Purina One Chicken and Rice, and are very affectionate - really great kittens!

As the summer progresses, and I look ahead to a busy Fall vendor show season (four shows in October/November), I'm quilting my little heart out. Sewing every night, using up as much of my stash as I possibly can . . . I promised myself that I would buy less fabric this year, and really try to make a dent in the bulging stacks of fat quarters, half-yard pieces, and endless collections that I've accumulated since 1990. There is a great assortment of Halloween, Christmas, Fall and novelty fabric to choose from, and it's like shopping in my own private quilt shop. What do they say - come big, or stay home? That's what it's going to take to make enough quilt inventory to really sell, sell, sell at the Fall shows. Check out the "shows" area of my website and take a peak at what's available . . . I'll be posting many, many more quilts and they're completed!

No comments: