Saturday, May 14, 2011

Big Canoe Tour of Homes and Sweet Kittens, too!

Next weekend is my first vendor show of the year @ Big Canoe Tour of Homes, and I've got lots of new quilts, some fresh off the quilting frame! The quilt on the left is Pumpkins and Spice I, and will be for sale next weekend. The show is open to Big Canoe residents only on Friday, and open to the general public on Saturday. Click "Shows" on my website home page, and you'll see the link for this annual event.

Fall and Halloween quilts have become my specialty and a great deal of my time is spent designing, constructing and quilting. Sometimes I use panels, and "cheat" with a center piece of fabric, then add borders, corner blocks, then quilt! Especially if I find panels that are as appealing as Pumpkins and Spice I. There is also a larger quilt that uses the panels blocks, with piecing and a little applique - click on the 9-block showcase on my home page and it will take you to all of the new quilts that I've been making since December, as well as some old favorites that might have already sold, but remain on the site for interest.


On another note, the six little kittens that were born on March 27 have their spay/neuter surgeries scheduled for May 27, and will be ready for adoption thereafter. I'm going to be giving these kittens to responsible pet owners - free of charge - and they will be "fully loaded" - spay/neutered, their first round of shots, and with a bag of kitten food, too. But I'm going to be very picky about who adopts these babies 'cause they are very special and deserve good homes. And did I mention that they are already litterbox trained? You bet they are! If you're interested in adopting, click on my email address at the bottom of my home page, and send me a message. Here's a photo of O'Doole, one of the cream colored kittens!






No comments: