Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is it Spring yet????

Big George thinks it's time for Spring! And the rest of us do, too! Seems like winter has lasted a very long time this year, and we deserve a few good days of sunshine and warm air . . . Oh, I love wearing my sweaters and cold weather clothes, along with boots and knitted scarves, but enough is enough! I want to have a good reason to go 'sandal shopping'! But cross your fingers that in another two weeks (March 20), we'll be able to say Spring has arrived, and say a big "thank you" to Mother Nature for not forgetting about us, and how much we love warm weather.

I've been on a trap/neuter/return mission with the neighborhood cats. I've caught four cats - two males, two females - just roaming the neighborhood, and have had them all spay/neutered. Except for one female - she's too far along in her pregnancy that I just don't have the heart to have her spayed - and she's become a sweet natured cat, too. At first, she was very cautious of me, keeping her distance, but now, she comes right over to me for head rubs and soft scratches. My niece, Ava, named her Jasmine, and she'll stay with me until she has her kittens, then I'll have her spayed and foster the kittens until they're ready for adoption. I'm hoping for a St. Patrick's Day kitten delivery so that I can give them Irish names like O'Malley, Scarlett, Bailey, Patrick, etc. I had a cat named Sugar Bear that I took in when I was volunteering for Cat Call (Brandon, FL), and she had her kittens on St. Patrick's Day - they were beautiful kittens, and Sugar Bear was a good mother. I think Jasmine will also be a good mother . . . and I'll keep you posted on her progress over the next few weeks.

No comments: