Thursday, February 9, 2012

February - shopping those late winter sales!

I don't believe that I've ever promoted a shopping experience on my blog, but I had to share this with you. Last Friday, I went to J. Jill to buy a "hibiscus" colored long-sleeved T-shirt; something dressy that I could wear to work and in a beautiful new color! It was a little boxy - square through the midriff, but had a nice neckline (scoop) and 3/4 sleeves (love those!). I came home, happy with my purchase, and feeling like Spring was just around the corner!

When I opened my email that night, there was a sales promotion from Talbots - all of their full-priced cardigans were on sale at 25% off - even the new stuff! Being ever so practical, I searched for a similar type of t-shirt like I had just bought at J. Jill to see if I could "pair" the t-shirt with a sale cardigan for a "sweater set" look. Of course, it was easy to find the ballet-neck t-shirt, 3/4 sleeve that I absolutely love and live in - in plum (see the color above) and indigo ink, which matched the cardigans perfectly (like this plum beauty).

So Saturday, I returned the J. Jill t-shirt (at $49.50 - way too much for a t-shirt, but it WAS the color I craved), and bought an indigo ink cardigan (at the store in my size), and order the matching t-shirt and another cardigan in plum, with a matching t-shirt. They arrived tonight, and I couldn't be happier! Last year, I shopped Talbots after the holidays (in January or February) and got three beautiful cardigans and matching soft knit turtlenecks for HALF the price - and they came in handy as we had a really cold winter!

Don't get me wrong - I love J. Jill wearever crop pants, and their ballet-neck t-shirts, too, but - did I mention the price of the Talbots t-shirt - ONLY $29.50 - $20.00 less than J. Jill, and a better fit, too. Talbots has brought those ballet-neck t-shirts back "by popular demand" just as they have their crop pants in the cotton sateen - always good sellers for Talbots! Go to their website - www.talbots.com and just see what they have on sale, and also what's new - I think you'll be impressed!

No comments: