Sunday, March 27, 2011

Despite the thunderstorms and awful rain this weekend, it's been a great couple of days+! Sometimes, life just seems to go your way and that's how it's been for me since Friday. First and foremost, I got a call from the Country Living Fair folks letting me know I had been accepted to the show in October! Yippee!!!! Very exciting news indeed! Then later that afternoon, the flooring estimate for replacing my first-floor carpet with vinyl sheet flooring (to match existing vinyl in the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry areas - much easier to keep clean) was BELOW what I expected! Another big yippee! And . . . the mailman delivered the circular knitting needles that I had ordered for a class next week, reconnecting me a vendor that I had met in '07 at my very first vendor show. Another big "Yes!". But the best part of the weekend was the birth of SIX (yes, count them - SIX) kittens to the mother cat I caught three weeks ago . . . I've been on a trap/neuter/return gig for the past month or so, but when I caught Jasmine (that's the name my niece gave her), I could tell she was pretty pregnant. Not a believer in late term feline abortion, I opted to let her live out her pregnancy in the garage . . . knowing if I allowed her to stay outside, I might never see her again and then when she had her kittens, the cycle would continue . . . so anyway, six little babies were born this morning. Jasmine is a very good mother, and I'll post additional photos as these little sweeties grow up . . .

No comments: